Shirdi Sai Baba: Allah jaise rakhega vaise rehna - As Allah (God) keeps you, stay that way!

[This post is based on a comment I made on Facebook a couple of days ago.]

Firstly I should say that I am quite sure that I have read somewhere that Shirdi Sai Baba uttered the above words (Hindi words, or perhaps he said it in Marathi which was translated to Hindi by somebody). But I spent a few minutes to get a reference to those words on the Internet and failed to get it. I hope to spend more time later on to give a proper reference for these words. If I do not get a proper reference I will suitably modify this post.

Of course, if any readers are able to help me in this regard, their efforts are very welcome :-) .

My rough English translation of above words, which I believe were uttered by Shirdi Sai Baba is: As Allah (God) keeps you, stay that way!

Some may say that's the typical Indian fatalistic way of looking at things. But I think there is a lot of wisdom there - it does not mean that you should not strive to make reasonable effort to face problems and solve them. But it does mean, as I understand it, that one should be prepared to accept the results of one's actions as God's will and be contented/come to terms with that. Such an attitude does take a load of one's mind, I think. One even learns to accept (material world) failure with far more equanimity by following such teachings, than by relentless striving to attain material world goals set by one's mind, whether they are realistic or not. And, one does not get a swollen ego on success as one attributes the success result at least partially to Allah's/God's Grace.

Comments

Archive

Show more