Divinely inspiring song by Jewel sung live: Go Tell It On The Mountain, Jesus Christ is born

Here's a great song, sung live by Jewel which I find divinely inspiring, Jewel - Go Tell It On The Mountain, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08WL6aOZodg, 2 min. 43 secs, published Sep. 2008.

The lyrics, as much as I could figure out, are given below. I also checked out other lyrics sites (http://www.oldielyrics.com/christmas/go_tell_it_on_the_mountain.html, http://www.metrolyrics.com/go-tell-it-on-the-mountain-lyrics-christmas-song.html) of this song to help me. Jewel seems to have modified the lyrics somewhat.

--- start song lyrics ---

When I was a seeker,
Oh! I sought both night and day;
Asked the Lord to help me,
He showed me the way:
Go and Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go and Tell It On The Mountain
Jesus Christ is born.

He made me a watchman
Upon the city wall,
If I am a Christian,
I am the least of all.
Go and Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go and Tell It On The Mountain
Jesus Christ is born.

Shepherds kept their watching
?? (flock) by night,         [Line in other lyrics sites: Over silent flocks by night]
?? the heavens,                 [Line in other lyrics sites:Behold throughout the heavens]
There shone a holy light:
Go and Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go and Tell It On The Mountain
Jesus Christ is born.

Go and Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go and Tell It On The Mountain
Jesus Christ is born.

God is watching us
God is watching us
God is watching us
From a distance

God is watching us
God is watching us
God is watching us
From a distance

--- end song lyrics ---

Ravi: I need to mention here that my faith, as taught by my beloved and revered Guru, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, and which is in line with core Hindu teachings, is that God is in our inner being and is our inner Lord (Antaryaami), and God is also present everywhere outside of us. So I believe that God is watching us from within our inner being itself! But I am also fine with the view that God is ADDITIONALLY watching us "From a distance".

Though I am a Hindu, I also am a lover and worshiper of Lord Jesus Christ, who I view as a divine incarnation.

I express my deep gratitude to Jewel, the other singers and musicians, and the original song writer(s) for this divinely inspiring song which has given me so much joy.

Comments

Archive

Show more