Jan 2017 Misc Facebook comments

Given below are some comments from Mr. V.R. Ganti's Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/notes/vr-ganti/is-end-of-rathnakar-raj-in-the-offing-subbaiah-medical-college-fraud-case-part-1/10208576289309358, dated Jan. 21st 2017

Vr Ganti wrote (slightly edited):
--snip-- Ravi S. Iyer you made it absolutely clear to me that no matter whatever crime that may be done by --snip--, you will support him and hence, I am not request you to watch, though I am certain you would have watched.
----

Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
Vr Ganti sir, I challenge you to show me where I have told you that I support anything and everything that any trustee of SSSCT does. You are saying Asathya when you say that. Your hatred for some people is clouding your discrimination between Sathya & Asathya.

My stand on SSSCT trustees is that I typically avoid criticising them (though on a few rare occasions I have criticized them in a mild way). I benefit from SSSCT provided services to Puttaparthi town and so it would be improper for me to criticize its trustees, unless I see some great Asathya & Adharma being done by them.

Regarding any crimes that you allege about any person, my stand is that criminal allegations are very serious matters which should be looked into by the appropriate government investigative agencies. I don't want to get involved in investigation or comments about any such criminal allegations (unless they impact me directly like the criminal offence under Indian Penal Code of record tampering and malicious slander & libel committed against me by Sai university administrators).
----

Stephen Rexford wrote (slightly edited):
mr. ravi iyer, please don't lose your cool. we are on Facebook. anybody can write such wild nonsense. --snip--
----

Alok Dara Shikoh wrote (slightly edited):
Ravi Ji, I don't know a lot about the mahabharat scripture of the (hindu) dharam... but it maybe be worthwhile to evaluate from time to time that one doesn't get into a shaly (shady?) behaviour (who came to fight for the pandav side but since he accepted kaurav hospitality he fights for kauravs) Of course I am not at all implying anything here in your case.. but I have myself been a victim of this complex and learnt some lessons hard way.
----

Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
Stephen Rexford, Thanks for your advice. However, I felt it appropriate to challenge Mr. Vr Ganti's allegation against me that I blindly support anything and everything that SSSCT trustee, Shri R.J. Rathnakar does. I do NOT do that. On the Dr. Voleti Choudhary matter, I supported him as he came under vicious attack, both in private and public, on a relatively minor matter related to Ladies side discipline in Sai Kulwant Hall. I felt that such an attack against RJR was a motivated and unfair campaign against him for something he said in the heat of the moment when the Ladies side discipline matter came up.

In fact, at that time I was informed by a student-staff working in PN system about a Super hospital student-staff who was allegedly insulted at that time by RJR. Some weeks later when I bumped into that Super hospital student-staff I asked him about the matter. He did not raise any issues about it with me!!! Perhaps he wanted to be careful in what he said to me - I don't know.

If RJR is doing his duty towards Bhagavan in his role as SSSCT trustee and is attacked by others for doing that duty, then, if I get to know the details of the matter, I will surely support RJR for doing his duty to Bhagavan. RJR's personal financial matters, business, investments and other personal matters are of no concern whatsoever to me, and, IMHO, should not be the concern of others in the Sai fraternity, including Ganti sir.
----

Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
Alok Dara Shikoh, perhaps my above comment clarifies my stand. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them specifically and publicly.
----

Alok Dara Shikoh wrote:
Absolutely Ravi ji. Thanks for your kind response... it was just a casual and probably an unwarranted suggestion and by no means an insinuation of any kind (no specific query from my side). Have a great day sir
----

Vr Ganti wrote (edited):
Ravi S. Iyer Sir. I dont agree at all that RJR is doing his duty to Bhagawan. I was told by a Trustee of SSSCT that RJR is doing everything only for 2 things - --snip--
----

Vr Ganti wrote (slightly edited):
Having said the above, Ravi S. Iyer garu, you are a good person. --snip--
----

Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
Vr Ganti sir, Let me repeat what I said. "If RJR is doing his duty towards Bhagavan in his role as SSSCT trustee and is attacked by others for doing that duty, then, if I get to know the details of the matter, I will surely support RJR for doing his duty to Bhagavan." I stand by what I have said. Two examples of me having done so in the past are:
a) Dr. Voleti Choudhary matter.
b) Disciplinary action taken against persons from school & university in Puttaparthi for associating with Muddenahalli group.

Now I am involved in activities of my interests and do not know everyday happenings in Prasanthi Nilayam system. The above two matters came to the fore in social media and I got to know some details of it. Therefore I provided my view in support of RJR in the above two matters.

Ganti sir, you have now brought in a new allegation referring to one trustee being critical of RJR in a conversation that trustee had with you. What I have written below is presuming that what you have said is true. I do not know of any case where you have deliberately said falsehood about such serious matters and so am presuming it to be true. But in case the SSSCT trustee did not say it that way to you and you misunderstood the words of the SSSCT trustee, then what I have written below MUST BE IGNORED.

This is gossipy stuff which only muddies the waters. I think either SSSCT trustees should publicly state such criticism of other trustees giving details or they should keep quiet. They are doing a disservice to SSSCT by privately telling you critical things about another trustee, which they should know that you may share publicly. I think SSSCT trustees should follow good governance norms of accountability & transparency of this early 21st century which, I am sure, would be followed by world-reputed charitable Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).

Yatha Raja Tatha Praja (As is the king so are the subjects). If an SSSCT trustee himself is bad-mouthing another SSSCT trustee in a conversation with you, Ganti sir, knowing that you have a reputation of putting out those matters publicly but without revealing the source names, you can imagine what sort of ideal he is setting for the Praja i.e. Prasanthi Nilayam paid and free service staff, as well as Sai devotees in general, to follow.

My understanding of good governance norms is that allegations should be backed with evidence, especially allegations against top office bearers of an organization (like a trustee of SSSCT). Otherwise such allegations should not be entertained. We live in an age of Fake news with the Internet being a very powerful medium of Fake news, which also seems to have a significant impact in top level democractic country elections!

I find it very, very disappointing to see that you have mentioned that one trustee of SSSCT has made allegations against another trustee of SSSCT, to you in some conversation he had with you. I hope that SSSCT trustees come up with some code of conduct for themselves to follow which will prevent recurrence of such things.

Note that I am not saying that SSSCT trustees should sweep everything under the carpet. What I am saying is that if they find wrongdoing about another trustee and want the public to know about it, they should publicly state it, using their name, instead of using a palace-intrigue kind of gossipy way to smear another trustee.
----

Comments

Archive

Show more