Shirdi Sai Baba said in 1918 that some want wealth, some women, some sons but nobody wants what he has and so he was quite disgusted

The extract below is from the book, Sri Sai Baba's Charters and Sayings, by B.V. Narasimhaswami. The extract below is numbered as 97 in the book. Mrs. T refers to Mrs. Tarkhad and Master T. to Master Tarkhad. S.B. refers to Shirdi Sai Baba (also referred to as Baba). Note that 1918, the year of the conversation given below, was the year in which Shirdi Sai Baba took Mahasamadhi (gave up the body).

When (in 1918) Mrs. T. and her son Master T. visited S.B.

S.B.: Mother, now a days I have been much pestered. Some want wealth, some women, some sons, Hallo! what I have, none wants. I wait and wait; and one day I will suddenly disappear. I am quite disgusted.

Mrs. T'. Baba, why do you say so? Then, what is to become of us?

Baba: Why are you anxious? Is not God taking thought for your welfare? I am very much pleased when my children come to me, and then I take my two morsels of food with gusto and put on more flesh.

Master T. : We come to you to ask just what you have got. You know that?

Baba: Yes. You will get it.

M.T.: Yes, we are quite sure of it. But when?

S.B. : Very soon.

M.T.: Baba, I must have an assurance from you how many more births I will have to take before getting it.

S.B.: Three more lives will be sufficient.

M.T.: But Baba, will you not be always with us?

Baba : Hallo! During how many births have I already been with you! We shall meet again and again. I have to take care of my children night and day, and give an account of every pie to God.

--- end no. 97 of Charters & Sayings ---

Ravi: I guess the truth is that only a few devotees among those who enjoyed physical proximity of Shirdi Sai Baba really wanted spiritual progress and blessedness. Most devotees were caught up in material desires of some sort or the other which they wanted Shirdi Sai Baba to fulfill. Perhaps the same is the case with Sathya Sai Baba. I find that to be quite perplexing.

[I thank Shri B.V. Narasimhaswami (and his heirs) and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above short extract from his book on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more