I hold Swami's family members including Smt. Chetana Raju, in high respect

Given below is a comment (slightly edited) I made on Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/notes/vr-ganti/chethna-garu-did-she-realize-her-mistake-and-come-back-to-parthi-for-good/10207594525325872 [Swami refers to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba]:

--Name-snipped--, Since you have tagged me in a comment, I am responding. Otherwise I would not have liked to respond to this matter.

My stand on Muddenahalli group belief in so called communicator, Madhusudan Rao Naidu, that it is a FALSE BELIEF, is a public and clear stand. Further, my stand is that office bearers of official Sai orgn. should not associate with Muddenahalli group, and that is also the official Sai orgn. stand, I believe.

I think it is up to the current All India President of Sai orgn., Shri Nimish Pandya, to PUBLICLY clarify what his stand is with respect to Smt. Chetana Raju, who is an important person from Swami's family and who has been an important figure in Prasanthi Nilayam functions associated with women's wing for years. Mr. Pandya's silence on the matter will lend value to a belief that there are double standards whereby teachers who have served Swami for years/decades in Swami's school (and one teacher in Sai university) in Prasanthi Nilayam/Puttaparthi had to pay the price of being removed from their service for attending Muddenahalli group functions, whereas top office bearers of Sai orgn. do not have any such restriction.

Of course, it would be wonderful if Smt. Chetana Raju, as an important Swami family member, clearly states her stand publicly. That will help Sai fraternity to know whether she continues to be a supporter of Muddenahalli group and a believer in so called communicator, Madhusudan Rao Naidu.

I strongly disapprove of unsubstantiated allegations and name-calling against Smt. Chetana Raju. I hold Swami's family members in high respect as I have personally seen in my regular attendance in Sai Kulwant Hall (Prasanthi Nilayam) from Jan 2003 to April 2011 that Swami (physical form) gave great affection and respect to his family. As a teacher in Prasanthi Nilayam campus of the Sai university, I (and other Sai university staff) were expected to be respectful of Swami's family. I happen to have taught one Lab. course to one young man from Swami's family too. I would like to continue that attitude of respect towards Swami's family members now too. So I strongly disapprove of any unsubstantiated allegations and name-calling against Smt. Chetana Raju.

I would also like to say that Swami has in public discourses said that his (physical body) sisters were among the first to recognize his divinity. They also, I am sure, would have played a great role in caring for Swami at physical level in the very challenging and difficult period when Swami was a young school going boy and later was starting his mission. So I am deeply grateful to these members of Swami's family who provided that vital support to Swami at that difficult time, as I have been able to benefit from the fruit of all their hard work when I came to Swami's fold in the early 1990s. Smt. Chetana Raju is the granddaughter of one such sister of Swami! So I respect Smt. Chetana Raju and her family, for their family's service to Swami.
--- end comment ---

Comments

Archive

Show more