Sathya Sai: no concessions on discipline; no reduction of rigour to suit your level



From http://www.sssbpt.info/ssspeaks/volume02/sss02-36.pdf, Divine discourse of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, Prasanthi Nilayam, 1962-04-28

Generally, I speak sweetly, but on this matter of discipline, I will not grant any concessions. I do not care whether you come or, having come, go. I will insist on strict obedience. I shall not reduce the rigour to suit your level, for that will only ruin you; I pay attention to your ultimate good.
--- end extract ---

Ravi: That has been my experience with Swami! However, it has also been my experience that, in physical body, he was receptive to genuine remorse and was willing to forgive like a mother. Also I was told that after Swami disciplined somebody (gave him a firing or the fiery look), later Swami would feel sorry for the disciplined person and was ready to forgive (if the disciplined person fell in line). But, it must also be said, that there were Lakshman Rekhas (red lines) which if crossed (and, in the typical case, when somebody reported it to Swami), meant that Swami would banish the person from his sight! Ex-communication: the most terrifying punishment from Bhagavan for the devotee!

Comments

Archive

Show more