The awesome Christian act of forgiveness by the families of the Charleston, USA shooting victims

Transcript of this CNN video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIRcGwBrdbE, 1 min. 46 secs., where the victims' families are saying their forgiveness in court, via video, to the shooter:

"I forgive you. You took something very precious away from me. I will never talk to her ever again. I will never be able to hold her again, but I forgive you, and have mercy on your soul. You hurt me. You hurt a lot of people. If God forgives you, I forgive you.”

“I forgive you and my family forgive(s) you. But we would like you to take this opportunity to repent. Repent. Confess. Give your life to the one who matters the most: Christ. So that He can change you and change your ways, no matter what happens to you, you’ll be okay. Do that. ...”

“We welcomed you Wednesday night in our Bible study with open arms. You have killed some of the most prettifullest (beautiful)  people that I know. Every fiber in my body hurts and I’ll never be the same. Tywanza Sanders was my son. But Tywanza was my hero. Tywanza was my hero. But as we said in the Bible study, we enjoyed you.… May God have mercy on you.”

--- end transcript of video ----

USA president Obama tweeted, https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/611993830980747265, "In the midst of darkest tragedy, the decency and goodness of the American people shines through in these families." giving this ABC news tweet having pic of shooter in court, https://twitter.com/ABC/status/611972235079741441, with the text, '"I forgive you," family member of #Charlestonshooting victim tells alleged gunman in court'.

Ravi (I put the following comment on the youtube video as well): I am awed by these Christian acts of the African-American families of Charleston, South Carolina, USA, whose relatives died due to the senseless act of violence by the young 21 year old boy shown in the video. I hope to learn from these great Christians of our current times, about forgiving those who hurt me even if they have no feelings of repentance for their hurtful & wrong actions. What a great example these African-American families have set which is so in keeping with the words of Jesus Christ on the cross, as per the Bible, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do", https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+23%3A34&version=KJV!

Comments

Archive

Show more