Very compassionate, Christian brotherhood message of Pope Francis to brutally persecuted Iraqi Christians

I saw a recent short video message (1 min 17 secs) from Pope Francis on his twitter account, to Iraqi Christians, which touched me very deeply, https://twitter.com/Pontifex/status/541260856915292160. Truly, the holy father, Pope Francis, is an inspiring religious leader whose compassion and Christian brotherhood for the suffering and the persecuted show us how genuine he is, as a true follower of the teachings of Christ. His words, taken from the English captions in the video, are as follows:

"I wish I could be there with you. But since I'm not able to travel there, I am here with you this way. I am very close to you during these difficult times. When I returned from my visit to Turkey, I said that Christians are being driven out of the Middle East and undergoing great suffering. I thank you for the witness you are giving. And I know how much suffering there is in this witness. Thank you. Thank you so much. It seems like they do not want the presence of Christians in these places, but you are there giving witness to Christ."

The video is also available on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htY0l2HaWY8.

I earnestly pray to Lord Jesus Christ to help the Christians and others who are being brutally persecuted in Iraq and elsewhere.

Comments

Archive

Show more