A recent Deccan Herald article - (Sathya) Sai Baba on wrath of God

Here is an article dated today (14th Oct. 2014) in Deccan Herald, Sai Baba on wrath of God, http://www.deccanherald.com/content/435817/sai-baba-wrath-god.html, by a Terry Reis Kennedy, who seems to based in Puttaparthi.

Some short extracts and comments:

Many people who know I am a devotee of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba ridicule me.  They insist that he was nothing more than a magician.  They consider those who still take comfort at his Abode of Peace, Prasanthi Nilayam long after he left his body in 2011 must be deluded.

Because Swami taught me not to re-act to such statements in an unkind manner, I just keep quiet.  This, of course, is difficult for me because it is as if someone is insulting my own mother.

[Ravi: She is echoing how many Sathya Sai devotees feel when they encounter uninformed and malicious criticism of Swami and his devotees/followers. Informed and constructive criticism is a different matter - I can take that and engage in a discussion giving my view of the matter. But the uninformed and malicious criticism types seem to have already made up their mind and seem to be interested in "converting" Sathya Sai devotees into skeptics and critics like them, rather than even listen to, forget about accept, a different point of view.]

...

Though charismatic and forgiving, nurturing and protective, our Sai Ma often showed his Shiva side.  He could give you a look that would make you shake with fear.  I was very careful in Darshan not to ask for ridiculous things.  Once, I asked if he could help me with a love relationship problem and his look was so fierce I understood that no relationship was as important as the relationship I have with God.

[Ravi: I too have tasted Bhagwan's Shiva fury side which scared the 'hell' out of me! However, later analysis has shown me that every time I faced such fury from him, it was the right "tough love"/bitter medicine that was needed for me to bring me out of my errant ways, and so I am deeply grateful to my Guru, Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, for this "tough love". Of course, I have received his "soft love" too.]

...

He (Swami) also said, “I behave like you, moving, singing, laughing, journeying, but watch out for the blow I inflict ALL OF A SUDDEN to chastise and to warn. I shall scorch the wrongdoer for his wrong, and soothe the virtuous for his righteousness. Justice shall be meted out to all.”

--- end extracts and comments ---

Ravi: I find it quite interesting that Deccan Herald, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deccan_Herald, which seems to have a significant readership in Bangalore and some other places in Karnataka, has published this article.

Comments

Archive

Show more